By Sarah Basford
“Location location location” is an overused cliché but where you choose to live is probably one of the most important decisions to resolve immediately.
If you are considering moving to Surrey, the home of the Wentworth Golf Course, then you have already made a great start to your journey. Surrey has the highest Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita of any county in the United Kingdom, which is why it has attracted around 1.1 million people so far.
The average property price in Surrey tends to be approximately twice as much as the average property price across the whole of England according to the Land Registry government website.
Buying a property can be one of the most rewarding and personal processes you can undertake. Finding the perfect home is certainly very enjoyable and it is great fun. However, keep in mind that there can also be a lot of stress involved too.
If you approach the process in a methodical manner, even buying the more expensive properties of Surrey will be very straightforward:
- First of all, find a dependable estate agent with good local expertise. Ensure that they understand your requirements and wishes well. Your estate agent may turn out to be a life saver and shield you from the details of the purchasing process. Far more than that though, your estate agent can help you find the property to suit you. Check out the type of properties that have on their books (ideally they should have an extensive list of houses for sale in Surrey) and check out their references in order to make sure you have no doubts about their service. Surrey has a lot of estate agents in the area but partnering with an independent agency will ensure you are not bogged down by the national franchise rules.
- Once you have found an estate agent that you can trust, prioritise your requirements; starting with your budget and tolerances. Make sure you take into account your outgoings, potential future commitments as well as emergency spending. If you overlook any one of these, you may run into financial trouble further down the line.
- Next step is to decide the features of the property, such as the type of property (semi-detached, new-build, etc), the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage as well as any garden space. Surrey offers a wide range of houses to the market, from a small apartment to a multi million mansion in Virginia Water.
- Another important consideration is the neighbourhood you are targeting. Some people prefer being close to a train station, for example, while others wish to be in the middle of a little village away from all the hustle and bustle. Surrey has a good selection of localities that would satisfy your needs.
- Try and view as many properties as possible that are within (or close to) your criteria. The more properties you view, the higher the chance of finding the perfect place.
- Shortlist a few properties for the final decision and weigh up their pros and cons and balance your judgement with your feelings as well. Remember, there is no point of living in a place that you do not feel 100% happy with. So, it’s not all about ticking the boxes; sometimes it’s about the first impressions as well.
- Once you have shortlisted a few, act quickly. You would not want to ponder too long over a decision while someone else actually acts straight away and you lose out on that property.
- While you are making offers, the estate agent should be able to pitch the right amount considering all the angles, and help build a case for you.
Whether your target area is Runnymead, Windlesham or Virginia Water, you will need a dependable real estate agent to help you guide in the right direction, with the wide range of houses for sale in Surrey.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sarah_Basford